2. A day of choices: thinking about research topic and choosing classes for the winter semester.
3. Steve’s laptop died along with our power point for tomorrow’s presentation.
4. Carly bobbing for a marshmallow (see video on Facebook)
5. Halloween at Guides
– I dressed up as a Spark
– Bobbing for marshmallows and powdered donuts
– Hallway of terror. Their comment when I told them to be careful not to trip over the dead bodies: “Stop scaring us! You’re older and don’t get nightmares.” Apparently they didn’t believe I was a Spark.
– Thanks to one of our great girls, I got to bring home my own Halloween candy bag 🙂
I know I must find the square root of two.
Don’t know the reason for what I must do.
I know it’s irrational, but I must see it through
Until I can find that square root of two.
And then I must find the cosine of e.
I know it’s about −.91173.
with a mysterious air of transcendentality
that infuses the scent of the cosine of e.
On Gamma! On Bessel! On functions hyperbolic!
My mind has a compulsion to caper and frolic
to numerical rhythms erratically systolic
without the aid of anything mind-bending or alcoholic.
I don’t want to stop–it’s much too enjoyable,
although it might render me quite unemployable.
Perhaps I should try something girl and boyable
or launch some verbiage that is quite undeployable.
It seems I have become nonsensible
reaching for meanings indefensible.
When verses go meta
it’s a sign that you betta
end with a limerick incomprehensible.